Meeting Date: December 7, 2017
Lynn called the meeting to order at 5:32 pm.
Minutes reviewed. Motion made to approve minutes from November 2017. Motion passed.
- Lynn advised the Arizona Bowl will take place on December 29. Kickoff is at 3:30 so we need several parking volunteers from 2-3:30. Mr. Sanchez, Karen Mihina, and Ms. Gutierrez volunteered.
- Baking Brigade – The group raised $40.00 at the 2nd Qrtr STEM night, which will benefit STEM activities.
Mr. Sanchez reported on the following topics:
· Benchmark Testing during the next two weeks.
· Student Surveys for teacher evaluations upcoming.
· Boys Volleyball/Girls Basketball City Tournament next week
· Winter Concert, December 7 (This evening)
· Spirit Week is Dec 18-21
· Faculty Staff/Holiday Breakfast, December 22 at 8:30am
· Grading Day, December 22. Report cards mailed home week of December 25th.
· 2nd Semester schedules will be given to students last week of school during 3rd period class. Also on Parent Link.
· Lunch House Account – Mr. Sanchez advised the school is using the house account; Jan is tracking the account.
· Parent Pick-Up Changes. No update to the proposed changes to Mountain Rd. It may take longer than originally projected.
School Community Liaison Report:
- 19 families were fed through the Thanksgiving Food Drive and nine baskets were received from the Firefighters Union Hall.
- 246 students Mansfeld students are receiving tutoring from UofA students. Some UofA students are graduating, so Ms. Mosconi requested 5-8 additional students.
- Ms. Mosconi advised a purchase order has been placed for the marquee. It is projected it will be installed by the end of January.
- Ms. Mosconi advised it is time to purchase gift cards for the Christmas food drive. $500.00 has been designated for this event.
- Ms. Mosconi reported that the “Bike in a Box” program gave 15 Mansfeld students bikes.
- Janice Hughes gave a budget report.
- Courtesy Meals – a Mansfeld parent donated $100.00 to this fund. We will see if the funds are needed.
- Football Parking – We are $617.64 short of this year’s projected amount. .
- The food vendor at the STEM night donated $25.00, which was a portion of food sales.
- We need to check on the payment for the substitute teacher t-shirts.
- Ms. Lozano requested reimbursement from the Notre Dame restricted line item account for $134.85 for Ms. Vogel STEM rewards. Ms. Lozano also submitted a check for $1,000.00 to be deposited into the Notre Dame restricted line item account.
- Lisa reported on the 501(c)(3) status. Lisa advised there two options to gain status. One is to join the Arizona PTA, which would require certain stipulations, as well as certain fees. Another option is to go forward on our own, which would mean we will need to reinstate our status as a non-profit corporation with the State of Arizona. It will cost $50.00 to file delinquent reports for the last 5 years, in addition to a $25.00 reinstatement fee, totaling $75.00. Once this is done, we can then apply to the IRS for 501(c)(3), which will cost $275.00 using the EZ form. There was discussion of the pros and cons of both options. A motion was made to go forward on our own. The motion was made to use funds from the PTSO Special Projects funds to complete all of the required paperwork and pay the associated fees in order to gain 501(c)(3) status, to include the $75.00 to the State of Arizona ad $275.00 to the IRS. Motion passed. Lisa will work with the officers to get paperwork in order.
- Mr. Sanchez gave update on possible uniform changes. He shared that he learned he has discretion in adding a Spirit Week shirt. He stated he will discuss with the Site Council as he wants input from all stakeholders.
- Traveling Bulldogs Fundraiser – Restaurant Fundraiser is set for Tuesday, January 30, 2018, at La Cocina.
- Ms. Lozano, on behalf of Ms. Bittel, requested prize money for the 4th Qrtr STEM night. This was tabled and will be placed on the January 2018 PTSO agenda.
Next Meeting and Adjournment:
The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, January 11, 2018, at 6:00 pm in the school library.
Meeting adjourned at 6:11 pm.
| Privacy Statement
Copyright 2018 – SchoolDesk