Meeting Date: February 1, 2018
Lynn called the meeting to order at 6:01 pm.
Minutes reviewed. Three changes proposed to January 2018 minutes. The correct amount that was approved to spend on the ice machine is $100.00. The security company the PTSO received a $103.12 check from is A-Team Security. Lastly, it was clarified that the district has not provided the official confirmation that they will pay for the lunch account. Motion made to approve minutes from January 2018 meeting with noted changes; motion passed
- Lynn gave update on the 501c3 status.
- By-Laws committee- This committee will meet to begin work on updating and amending Bylaws.
- Site Council – approved funds for cricut for Ms. Marcum.
Mr. Sanchez reported on the following topics:
· New Security System at the front entrance. .
· New faculty: Michael Montiel (Math Intervention), Michael Smith (Campus Monitor), and Mary Wnek (8th Grade Science).
· A+ Award Application (Advanced to Site Visit – March 27-28
· School Quality Survey (Staff, Students, & Parents)
· High School Assemblies for 8th graders; Tucson High and Cholla
· UHS (7th Grade Assembly)
· National Counseling Week Feb 5-9
· Valentine’s Dance Feb 9, 5:30-7:30
· Early Dismissal Feb 15 & 16 (12:16)
· Parent Teacher Conferences Feb 15th 1:20-7:30; Drop In 6:00-7:30 Cafeteria
· Rodeo Break Feb 22 & 23
· Benchmark testing Feb 26-March 2
· School Project Update: West Side Parent Pick-Up, repainting of school
· Spirit Shirt Update – the shirt was voted down due to not having a collar and the difficulty of enforcing the dress code policy.
School Community Liaison Report:
- Ms. Mosconi gave an update on tutors. Approximately 260 students are being tutored by UofA students. Two students quit, though we are expecting more to participate.
- Ms. Mosconi advised the Pasqua Yaqui tribe approved $2,000.00 toward the marquee.
- The Pasqua Yaqui Tribe may also provide funding for the Traveling Bulldogs’ Washington DC Trip for the next year, though the group may need to apply very soon for the funding.
- Janice Hughes gave a budget report using a new format.
- Janice was able to purchase 2 footballs and 2 basketballs balls with points we had in the Campbell’s labels account.
- PBIS Reimbursement was made to Mr. Sanchez in amount of $914.82.
- Holiday breakfast – Motion was made to transfer $100.00 from the holiday breakfast to TUSD food services which was previously budgeted for; motion passed.
- Discussed possible costume rentals for the upcoming Peter Pan production, which is a BOOST after school program. Tammy Rosen shared that we can rent costumes from the Christian Youth Theatre in a reduced amount of $ 300.00. A motion was made to allocate $300.00 from the BOOST line item for the cost of the rentals; motion passed.
- Marquee – Scheduled to be installed on February 9th.
- New projects for the school – Discussed the need to refurbish the locker rooms, which includes new lockers and painting, Mr. Sanchez has an upcoming meeting next week for a quote. Tax credit monies cannot be used for this project, as it is a capital item, though PTSO monies can be used.
- Discussed selling flowers as a fundraiser at the 8th grade promotion. Sarah will investigate and report back at the next meeting.
- Disneyland fundraisers - Wendy advised that Disneyland has changed their ticket donation program.
- Tax Credit – Mr. Sanchez advised he can check a student’s online tax credit balance. Other balance checks need to be done via the district Any monies in a student’s account that exceed the cost of the Washington DC trip have to stay in the category they were designated for and can be given to another student.
- Discussed elections for the PTSO Board, which will be held at the next meeting on March 8th.
Next Meeting and Adjournment:
The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 8, 2018, at 6:00 pm in the school library.
Meeting adjourned at 7:20 pm.
| Privacy Statement
Copyright 2019 – SchoolDesk