· Shirts must have a round or pointed collar, short or long-sleeved, without lettering.
· Plain, white tee shirts without logos and lettering may be worn underneath.
· Shirts must be properly fitted or tucked into bottom garment.
· Pants/Capri’s: Must be appropriate length and fitted at waist
· No baggy legs or sagging pants are allowed. Pants must be fitted at waist.
· Navy blue or Khaki bottom garments that meet the school's requirements are available at a number of area stores, including Wal-Mart, Target, Penney’s, and Dillards. Suggested brands are Dickies and Dockers.
· Preferred material is cotton twill.
· All pants resembling jeans or denim material are not allowed.
· Undergarments may not show.
· Sweat pant and knit material is not allowed.
· Shorts: length longer than fingertips at side.
· Belts: solid blue, black, brown or white only, with permanently attached belt buckle to be worn.
· Skirts: length longer than fingertips at side.
· Leggings, Tights and Stockings: Solid navy blue, white or black colored leggings, tights, or stockings are allowed to be worn under appropriate length uniform shorts or skirt.
· Students may wear closed toed shoes of any color.
· Slippers, sandals, flip-flops, and knitted boots are not allowed.
· Students are not to wear “Heelies” (sneakers with built in skates) at school.
· Only plain white or plain navy blue sweatshirts, sweaters, or jackets may be worn in class.
· Students who wear outer garments with logos (except Bulldog logo) will be asked to remove them by the classroom teacher during class time.
· During inclement weather students may wear other colored jackets but must keep them in their backpacks during class time.
· No Baseball caps or Sunglasses allowed on campus.
· Head coverings (Pull-Over Hoods or Beanies) may be worn OUTSIDE ONLY,
they are NOT to be worn in hallways, stairwells, or classrooms.
· No gang related, drug related or sexually explicit related accessories may be worn at any time.
· No locking choke chains/collars, wallet chains, or accessories with spikes may be worn.
· Step 1 – The student will be given a loaner shirt or pant to wear the rest of the day. Detention will be assigned for the violation.
· Step 2 – If loaner items are not available, the student will be asked to call home for new clothing and will wait in the Responsibility Room until the parent arrives. If a parent is not available, the student will work in the Responsibility Room for the remainder of the day.
· Step 3 - Students who commit three or more dress code violations will be assigned to in-school suspension.
· Step 4 – Blatant and continued dress code violations will result in an out-of-school suspension.
All students, including students who have earned free dress, must also follow the TUSD Dress Code Guidelines as outlined in the TUSD Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook (in PDF).
Random uniform checks will be done periodically by the administration. Any student out of uniform will be assigned to lunch detention or after-school detention.
The Mansfeld Administration reserves the right to require additional dress code restrictions for any student as needed to maintain a safe and orderly campus